this is so vintage
god bless this show
Possibly my favorite moment in my favorite half hour of television.
The best part about this was it was written by Paul Dini, who created Batman: The Animated Series in the 90’s.
He was taking a shot at the very people who refuse to accept any Batman other than the one he wrote.
The Shining | 1981, Dir. Stanley Kubrick
*two girls kiss*
straight people: i just think it’s so amazing that they would do that, you know. as friends
*two girls have sex*
straight people: female friendship is amazing
*two girls get married, buy a house, have some kids*
straight people: what better way to grow old than to do it with your best friend
Literally no one thinks this
- cara delevigne and michelle rodriguez being called ‘gal pals’ (they’re dating)
- ellie and riley’s kiss in the last of us: left behind labeled as ‘platonic’
- "I did a picture in my Basic Illustration class once of my new lesbian couple characters. They weren’t doing anything in the picture aside from looking exasperated at one another, but I CLEARLY stated to the teacher repeatedly that they were a couple (we were discussing how to show relationships between characters via props, expressions, etc.) However, without fail, every single time he mentioned the characters he called them “sisters”. It annoyed the fucking crap out of me." (x)
- "Ugh. Ugh. I can’t even count the number of times my girlfriend has been reduced to my best friend while fully knowing the situation, instead choosing to acknowledge it the way that their warped minds see fit. fuck." (x)
- "This is 100% true. “So, how’s your friend?” “Fiancée” “Yeah, friend, how’s your friend?” “…”" (x)
- “The way that this is worded is hilarious to me because my great aunt actually bought a horse, raised kids, and has lived with the same woman for 30 years, and the majority of my family still refers to them as “good friends”.” (x)
- "There’s this guy at the 7/11 that is down the street from us that ALWAYS asks where my “good friend” is. I correct him every time and say “you mean my wife?” He just nods.
One time after I corrected him he said “so she’s wife, does that make you husband?”
I looked at him like he was utterly stupid and said “no. We’re both girls. I’m her wife.”
I just uuuugh. Fucker.
The next time he asks about my “good friend” I intend to just go off on him and refuse to step foot in that 7/11 again.” (x)
just a few of the many
"literally no one"
i can’t believe it’s 2014 and there’s still no gay romantic comedy about vin diesel and dwayne johnson falling in love
They raise a gaggle of kids undercover working for a gov’t agency together
Here’s a petition I started in response to the lack of toggleable romantic behavior for Miis in Tomodachi Life. Sign here! Also, if you can, try to leave a comment saying whether or not you’ll buy the game and your thoughts.
Nintendo’s been known to not only alter content for the purposes of localization, but to generously add and improve existing content. To feature heterosexual romances exclusively in an otherwise very fully-featured and customizable sim is a shame within itself, especially considering the Nintendo Direct promotion's heavy emphasis on romance events.
I think if Nintendo sees enough people are interested in a romantic behavior toggle, they’ll consider including it in a patch, or at least address the concern and recognize what fans expect of Nintendo.
Please, sign and share!
Okay there are more notes than signatures and I just want you guys to make sure:
Once you fill out your info another page will load up showing you this
If you close your window/tab without clicking sign now, your signature will not be counted.
PLEASE CLICK THAT BUTTON.
If I can’t date Rock Lee in Tomodachi Life then what’s even the point